Dr David Smith is a highly qualified and experienced educationalist based in the United Kingdom. Having been a boarder at an all boy HMC school, David went on to study at four universities including Cambridge and London. His degrees include a Masters in International Education and a PhD Doctorate in Political History. David is a member of the London Livery Worshipful Company of Educators.
Over a 25 year career in education, David has taught History, been a Head of Department, Housemaster, Registrar, Head of International Recruitment and Deputy Headmaster in leading UK independent schools. With experience of teaching IGCSE, A Level and IB, leading Oxbridge preparation and interviewing, David has a detailed understanding of the UK education sector and can help you to select and apply to the right school for your child. With four children who have all been to independent schools and universities in the UK, David can advise both professionally and as a parent, having faced the same questions that you are asking, with informed and impartial advice about the best option for your child.
Working with UK, international and corporate clients, David can provide guidance to families at each stage of their child’s educational journey from prep to senior school and those relocating within or to the United Kingdom.
Areas of Expertise
- Prep & Senior Boarding School placement
- History tutoring - GCSE, IGCSE, A Level, IB, under graduate and post-graduate
- Oxbridge History entry - HAT preparation
- Head of History - Sevenoaks and Stowe
- Housemaster - Sevenoaks
- Registrar - St Lawrence College
- Deputy Headmaster - Sherborne School
- BA (Hons) Saint David's University College, University of Wales
- M.Phil History & Politics, University of Cambridge
- MA International Education, University of Bath
- PhD Political History, Queen Mary University of London