Dr Assalman is a UK- trained Consultant Psychiatrist who is leading a very busy community mental health team in East London NHS Foundation Trust. He has a CCT in General Adult Psychiatry, Liaison Psychiatry and Substance Misuse Psychiatry. Dr Assalman has successfully assessed and managed a whole range of psychiatric disorders with different complexities.
Dr Assalman has established a specialist clinic for Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and he has been running this service for years. He developed extensive knowledge and experience on comorbidities and different methods of managing adults with ADHD.
Dr Assalman is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London and has senior leadership, management, and educational roles. He has been involved in research and publications which cover different aspects of General Adult and Liaison Psychiatry.
Areas of Expertise
- Medically unexplained disorders
- Social and Performance Anxiety
- Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
- Depression & Dysthymia
- Work-related Stress
- Bipolar Disorder and mood fluctuations
- Private Consultant Psychiatrist (General Adult)
- Consultant Psychiatrist (General Adult & Liaison Psychiatry) within the NHS
- Approved under Section 12 of the MHS 1983
- Trainer recognised by the GMC
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Queen Mary University of London
- Completion of Clinical Training, (CCT) - Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Certificate in Learning and Teaching (CILT)
- Clinical Certificate in Psychopharmacology
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists
- M.D (University of Damascus)