Hema is a highly experienced Specialist Teacher, with 5 years’ experience working both independently and in an independent school for dyslexic and dyspraxic students. Many of the children she has supported during this time have also had co-occurances of ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism and Specific Language Impairment; as such, Hema has had in-depth training to work with students with a range of needs. After gaining her qualifications as a Specialist Teacher, Hema also tutored the Level 5 OCR course in Specific Learning Difficulties to teachers, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and teaching assistants looking to become Specialist Teachers, bringing her experience and knowledge to their training.
As well as being a Specialist Teacher, Hema has also spent 14 years working as a Speech and Language Therapist, both in the UK and abroad. With a particular strength for language, spoken and written, Hema has supported many students with their literacy skills, and has carried out diagnostic assessments for those struggling in this particular area.
Areas of Expertise
- SEN Support
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Literacy Skills & Phonics
- Speech & Language Therapist
- Lead Specialist Teacher
- Independent Specialist Teacher & Assessor
- BSc of Health Science (Speech Pathology) (Honours)
- OCR Level 7 Diploma in Teaching and Assessing Learners with Dyslexia / Specific Learning Difficulties
- OCR Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Learners with Dyslexia / Specific Learning Difficulties
- Assessment Practising Certificate – Patoss