Caroline has worked in education since graduating from the University of St Andrews in 2004. During that time, she has worked as an educational consultant for schools, as a lecturer in Higher Education, and is a specialist in the humanities, entrance exams and Special Educational Needs.
Throughout her career, Caroline has taught widely across all age ranges, preparing students for entrance examinations from 7+ to 13+, helping students with GCSEs and A-levels, and mentoring undergraduates.
She has successfully helped students gain entry to schools including Harrow, King’s College, Dulwich College, and Sevenoaks School. She has a thorough knowledge of the criteria for assessment in English, Maths, Verbal, and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Caroline is an engaging tutor who enjoys working with students who have additional needs such as ADHD, Asperger syndrome, and dyslexia. She has a proven track record of successfully building confidence in students to help them fulfil their potential.
Caroline has also prepared many secondary and higher education students for their GCSEs, A-levels, and EPQs in English and the humanities. She also loves working with undergraduates across degree disciplines.
Having published widely on educational issues, Caroline uses her understanding of pedagogical theory to tailor advice to the individual learning styles of the students with whom she works.
“My approach to teaching is engaging, patient, and tailored to the individual needs of each student. I focus on getting the best from every student through confidence-building, thorough training in skills and techniques for successful study, interviews, and examinations, and performance reviews customised to fit each student's learning style.”
Areas of Expertise
- 7+, 8+, 11+ and 13+ pre-tests and entrance exams
- SEN and additional learning support
- English and humanities subjects from GCSE to undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Visiting lecturer in Arts and Humanities – University of Westminster
- Visiting Lecturer for UG and PG courses – Queen Mary, University of London
- SEN support for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia, Asperger’s, ADHD, and epilepsy
- PhD ‘Engaging Nuns’ – University of Westminster
- MPhil History with Politics (AHRC) – Queen Mary, University of London
- MA (Hons.) History with Distinction – University of St. Andrews