My teaching work is varied and extensive. I have mentored for the National Citizenship Service, coached with Coachbright and have classroom work experience in both primary and secondary education. I have worked with Ivy Education for the past three years, during which time I have tutored English, Latin, Mathematics and given general academic support. This includes preparing students for 7+, 11+ and 13+ entrance examinations. I also have particular experience working with children who have additional needs such as dyspraxia and dyslexia. Although I love working with all kinds of students, I have spent the last year focusing on KS1 and KS2 in order to specialise. My background in Linguistics allows me excellent insight into childhood language acquisition and learning.
Ivy Education Accolades:
Tutor of the Term, Runner Up – Winter Term, 2018
2015 – 2018 Private Tutor, Ivy Education
- With Ivy I have had the opportunity to tutor pupils ranging in age from 6 to 18. Although my primary focus has been on English and Mathematics, I have helped students achieve top grades in Latin,
- History, Geography and even Agricultural Science. This is due to my balanced skills in both essay and science subjects, and a dedicated belief that by listening to the needs of the pupil and their carers I can enable self-directed learning in order to achieve desired results.
2015 – 2017 Coach, Coachbright
- Coachbright is a service that aims to bring 1:1 coaching sessions to sixth form students in a near-to-peer setting, utilizing self-reflection and independent action to achieve academic goals
2015 Senior Mentor, National Citizenship Service
- Here I provided ongoing pastoral support to 16 and 17 year-olds, which taught me how to engage with young people in both a residential and non-residential environment
- I also ran daily evening sessions in which I led lessons about topics such as key personal values, the media, voting and community