Himali has over eight years of experience in Early Years Education. Having a deep understanding of the importance of play-based learning for young children, her approach is child-centred, and she prioritises creating a warm and welcoming environment for children during assessments.
Having taught across the UK and overseas, Himali has acquired a wealth of teaching and curriculum development experience at schools including ICS London, Malvern College Hong Kong and Clearwater Bay School.
Himali has over 8 years of experience delivering the primary school curriculum alongside developing systems, facilitating growth and designing curriculums within the start-up school environment. As a classroom teacher, Himali was responsible for planning, delivering and assessing all aspects of teaching and learning in line with the PYP Programme of Inquiry. She has a knowledge of the up-to-date UK National Curriculum and is able to use this knowledge and experience of the education system to prepare students for a range of educational assessments, including the tough 4+, 7+, 8+ and 11+ school entrance exams.
Areas of Expertise
- Experienced in conducting group assessments for children in preparation for 4+ entry in the UK
- Knowledgeable in child development theories and practices, focusing on early childhood education.
- Experienced in the 7+ and 11+ School Entrance Examination format as one of our Exam Entrance Specialists.
- Over 8 years of experience working with young children
- Delivers the primary school curriculum alongside developing systems, facilitating growth and designing curriculums within the start-up school environment.
- Class Teacher (Primary, Preparatory and International Schools)
- KS1, KS2 and KS3 Tutor
- Curriculum Designer