Himali believes her role as a teacher is to nurture and develop the individual skills of each student to create lifelong learners, equipping her students with the skills and attitudes required to take on the complexities of living in the 21st century. With a Masters degree in Literacy Learning and Literacy Difficulties, Himali is well-equipped to provide tailored and bespoke programmes for her tutees, especially those who want to further develop their comprehension, composition and Mathematical literacy skills.
Having taught across the UK and overseas, Himali has acquired a wealth of teaching and curriculum development experience at schools including, ICS London, Malvern College Hong Kong and Clearwater Bay School.
Himali has over 8 years of experience delivering the primary school curriculum alongside developing systems, facilitating growth and designing curriculums within the start-up school environment. In her role as classroom teacher Himali was responsible for planning, delivering and assessing all aspects of teaching and learning in line with the PYP Programme of Inquiry. She has a knowledge of the up-to-date UK National Curriculum and is able to use this knowledge and experience of the education system to prepare students for a range of educational assessments, including the tough 4+, 7+, 8+ and 11+ school entrance exams.
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Assessment
- 4+, 7+, 8+, 11+ Entrance Exams
- Special Educational Needs
- Class Teacher (Primary, Preparatory and International Schools)
- KS1, KS2 and KS3 Tutor
- Curriculum Designer
- Master’s Degree in Literacy Learning and Literacy Difficulties - University College London
- PGSE Primary (QTS) - University College London Institute of Education,
- BA Politics and Sociology – University of Warwick
- International Baccalaureate - King George V School