I come having experienced tutoring from both sides, as a tutee and a tutor. I therefore believe I am very well suited to understanding what strategies and techniques are most successful in getting the best out of my clients. I enjoy tutoring because I am dyslexic and like to help my students understand topics in a different way, which makes learning more engaging. I also have experience in mentoring and really believe in its utility for confidence building and personal development. When I am not tutoring, I run a vegetarian food blog and enjoy swimming as well as travelling and learning languages. Fun fact: I have never lost a game of Monopoly!
Ivy Education Accolades
Tutor of the Term – Winter Term, 2018
2014 – 2017 University of Exeter
Law (LLB) – 2:1
All 7 core English law modules (electives: Family; Gender; Lethal Force & ECHR) with a module of French law. I also studied a French Language module (C1 CEFR)
2006 – 2014 City of London School
A-Levels – History (A*), English Literature (A), French (A), Geography (A)
IGCSEs – 9A*,1A (Core 6 and History, Geography, French, Spanish)
2015 – 2018 Private Tutor, Private Company
- I have taught students in person in the London area during my holidays from Exeter.
- I gained teaching experience in both primary and secondary education, as well as providing help with admissions (interviews, application forms), exam technique and mentoring.
- I have tutored students for school entrance exams at: 7+; 10+; 11+; 13+; 16+
- Subjects: Mathematics, English Literature, Geography, History, French, Spanish (120 hours)
- Levels: KS1, KS2, KS3, GCSE/ IGCSE, AS-Level, A2-Level
2015 – 2017 Private Tutor, Private Company
- I tutored students via Skype and other online software during my time at University.
- I also developed an understanding of how to tutor to a group as well as international clients for whom English is not their first language (I am TEFL qualified).
- Subjects: English Language, Geography, History, French, Spanish (210 hours)
- Levels: GCSE/ IGCSE, AS-Level, A2-Level