Helene is a highly experienced Educational Assessor, with qualifications accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ). She has over 25 years’ experience working as a mainstream class teacher and SEN specialist, and has co-ordinated the Learning Support Departments and Gifted and Talented programmes at leading Preparatory schools including Wetherby Preparatory School and Eaton House. She started her career working in the state system, before moving to the private sector.
Having spent many years working as a class teacher, Helene has a strong understanding of how different children learn, and which resources are most effective. In addition to her mainstream teaching qualifications and experience, Helene has a particular interest in Literacy and Numeracy acquisition and related difficulties. Combining her knowledge of the curriculum, learning development and her assessment expertise, she is able to get to the heart of an individual student’s struggles with precision.
Helene has had a great deal of experience with advising parents and other teachers on how best to support learning. She now works as specialist teacher and educational assessor.
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Assessment
- SEN Support
- Higher Ability / Gifted & Talented
- Class Teacher (Reception to Year 7)
- Learning Support Co-Ordinator (SENCO)
- Head of EAL (English as Additional Language)
- Qualified Educational Assessor
- BA (Ed) Hons
- Higher Diploma in Primary Education
- RSA (OCR) Certificate for Teachers of Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties
- RSA/Cambridge Certificate for Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- OCR Certificate and Diploma for Teachers and Trainers in Information Technology
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Education
- Graduate Certificate in Psychology
- Licensed Provider of The Listening Programme (Advanced Brain Training)
- The Dyslexia Institute Maths Programme
- Alpha Plus Management Leadership Development Programme
- Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET)
- Access Arrangements Course (CPT3A)