This event is brought to you by:
Sharky & George
A 5 day course to help prepare children for their 7+, 8+ and 11+ exams whilst actively engaging in their subject matter through cross-curricular activities.
- Reset after a summer of online learning and a long summer holiday
- Hit the ground running for school in September
- Gear up for the looming entrance exams
- 24th - 28th August 2020, 09:30 -16:00 (the first day will start at 09:00 and the final day will finish at 16:30)
- Cameron House School, 4 The Vale, Chelsea
- Battersea Park
What will the week consist of?
Morning: Entertaining and interactive exam preparation with Ivy Education in small, dynamic group sessions of 5-8 students.
- English, Maths, and Reasoning for the 7+, 8+, and 11+
- Interview Prep with Brodie Bibby, former Head of Northbridge Prep and Deputy Head of Westminster Under.
- Mock exams on the final morning, with analysis and reports.
Afternoon: Exciting shenanigans run by Sharky & George’s exuberant team.
- Fun activities that really connect to key targets in their syllabus
- Coded treasure hunts that utilise verbal and non-verbal reasoning skills
- Children will have their story ideas around the title ‘Lost in the Woods’ brought to life
- Using their Maths knowledge of 3D shapes to construct some epic towers.
Together, Ivy Education and Sharky and George have devised a course that not only covers the essentials required for the 7+, 8+ and 11+ entrance exams, but also incorporates a huge range of exciting, hands on activities and games, that build on the academic curriculum whole also creating a sense of fun and increased motivation towards learning
G really liked how everyone worked together in the learning part and then got to play together as Crusades afterwards
S said how much fun the learning part of the session was, which he was really pleased about
Both the Ivy teaching and the Sharky & George playing was interactive and inclusive. I have to say that the Crusades and Code Cracking seem to crop up frequently at family dinners now
By confirming my child’s attendance at this Course, I hereby give my approval for my child’s participation in any and all activities prepared by Ivy Education and Sharky & George during the Adventurous Education Course. I confirm that I agree to Ivy Education and Sharky & George’s standard terms & conditions.
In exchange for the acceptance of my child by Ivy Education and Sharky & George, I assume all risks and hazards incidental to the conduct of the activities, and release, absolve and hold harmless Ivy Education and Sharky & George and all its respective officers, agents, employees and representatives from any and all liability for injuries to my child arising out of traveling to, participating in, or returning from this Course.
In case of injury to my child, I hereby waive all claims against Ivy Education and Sharky & George, including all team members and affiliates, all participants, sponsoring agencies, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Course. There is a risk of being injured that is inherent in all activities.
I confirm that my child will not attend the Course if they have any Covid-19 symptoms and consent to Ivy Education and Sharky & George recording my child's temperature daily. I understand that, if their temperature is high, they will not be able to attend the Course.
I acknowledge and agree that:
(1) Ivy Education and Sharky & George may take video and photographic footage of children attending Adventurous Education Course; and
(2) appropriate footage ,which does not compromise the safety or security of any child, may be used by Ivy Education and Sharky & George for the purposes of promotion and marketing.
Parents must emphasise to their children that during the Course, their child must:
- Observe current social distancing guidelines
- Use hand sanitiser when going to the toilets and as directed by the staff
I understand that Ivy Education and Sharky & George are taking all reasonable precautions against Covid-19 and, in case of infection of my child or associates, I hereby waive all claims against Ivy Education and Sharky & George, including all team members and affiliates, all participants, sponsoring agencies, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Course.