Specialism: SEN Schools Consultant
On meeting with our clients and listening to their individual needs, Sophie draws on her experience to give parents advice and guidance on school selection throughout the UK. Her aim is to empower parents to make the right choices for their child, by ensuring they know their options and have the information they need to make the best decisions.
Areas of Expertise:
- School Selection
- Application Processes
- Guidance With Admissions
- SEN School Selection For Pupils With Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ASD And Related Conditions
- Founder & Head Of Bertrum House & Little Wandsworth School
- Freelance Specialist SpLD Teacher & Adviser
- Editor & Education Consultant At The Good Schools’ Guide
- Helpline Co-ordinator For The British Dyslexia Association
- Visiting Lecturer At South Thames College Of Further Education
- Disability Adviser At The Royal Academy Of Music
Sophie has over 30 years’ experience of helping parents plan their children’s education alongside a varied teaching career. Earlier in her career, she founded and ran Bertrum House & Little Wandsworth School, and also acted as founder and Joint-Chair of Wandsworth Independent Nurseries Association. She continues to teach part-time as an additional support lecturer and tutor to children and adults at South Thames College Of Further Education.
Her expertise has enabled her to work as a Helpliner for national charities and disability adviser for schools and colleges. She has also been involved in educational research and training projects in both the voluntary and statutory sectors. Her work has given her great insight and knowledge into many different independent and state schools all over the UK; as such, she has written articles for various magazines and school reviews for The Good Schools’ Guide.