Residential Tuition

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. | John Dewey

Tuition Outside Of London

Understandably, families that spend a large portion of time away from London during holiday periods, or at any time during the year, are often keen to avoid any disruption to their children’s learning. With many students experiencing a downturn in their attainment during the holiday periods with information and skills being forgotten, and many more unable to source a suitable tutor while they are away, residential tuition can often be an ideal solution.

Globe and coloured pencils
Man looking out plane window

Many of our expertly qualified tutors are also available for residential tuition courses during the holidays and on a long-term basis. These tutors are happy to draw up a scheme of work and timetable for each student that works around the family schedule and takes into account the needs of the individual. Tuition can be as intensive and as regular as necessary and all subjects and levels can be provided for.


Why Residential Tuition?

Upcoming Examinations

For students facing important examinations on the horizon, residential tuition can be particularly effective. Without the distraction of school commitments, peers and homework, students are likely to find they are far more able to understand and take on board the requirements of the upcoming tests. This can be particularly helpful for students looking to tackle the 7+, 8+, 11+ and 13+ examinations.

A New Approach

Tuition ought to be enjoyable as well as informative, and our tutors go to great lengths to ensure that students remain engaged with their studies while they are away. A new and interesting environment can provide a wide variety of opportunities for creative learning, and students can really benefit from a fresh approach to their studies away from the classroom.

<span>The Bahamas</span>
"H has been raaaaaaaaaving about Jack ever since they met on Friday!!! He has SO many wonderfully creative ideas in terms of how to “teach” P using the natural environment on Harbour Island… shells, treasure hunts etc etc. We are SO excited and full of anticipation. Thank you SO much Al, you are the best. Literally!"
Mrs L-J The Bahamas

Logistics

We arrange residential tuition in much the same way as London-based private tuition. In many instances, families requiring residential tuition will be keen to carry out a face-to-face interview with the shortlisted tutors before deciding on an appropriate candidate – we are more than happy to facilitate this.

In order to source the best possible candidates for the task in hand, we strongly recommend that the family get in touch with us well before the tuition is due to begin. This is because many of our most popular tutors are booked well in advance, and we want each family to have the best selection of tutors to choose from. If the family are able to meet with one of our tuition consultants to discuss the exact requirements and preferences before we begin the search for a tutor, this is even better.

Once we have got to know the family in question and are armed with the relevant information, we would then endeavour to source the perfect candidate for the task in hand. If the tutor then accepts the tuition assignment, they would then be obliged to commit to a formal agreement, ensuring that all pre-requisite aims are achieved.

get in touch to find out more

For Intensive residential tuition we ask for a 25% payment of the projected final invoice in advance. Once we have received this initial payment, we will confirm the arrangements and finalise the tuition timetable. The remaining 75% of the invoice should be paid prior to tuition commencing. If payment is not received in full before the start date, Ivy Education reserves the right to cancel the agreed tuition timetable.